Tuesday, May 20, 2008

It's Great To Be 8!!!

MINI ME TURNS "8" TODAY!!!!




HAPPY BIRTHDAY 'LIL MISS!


8 Random, but signifigant things about Mini Me I bet you didn't know. (And if you did, Kudos!)

  • She lost three teeth in the past year

  • She was a real trooper and packed up her room and moved to a new home "far away" from her friends and her school to start over in a new home and a new school. I am so pleased that she has adapted so well!

  • She learned how to ride her bike.

  • She performed in the Children's Theatre Production of Alladin, Jr. She did a wonderful job and had a fabulous time!

  • She can play the top part of "Heart & Soul" on the piano. (This is one of our favorite things to do together.)

  • She is learning ASL (a little at a time).

  • She can do splits and straddles and really wants to take gymnastics.

  • She is such a God's Girl! I am amazed on what she retains from Sunday morning worship, and admire her dedication to always being there and be fully engaged.

I could name 100 things, but since the theme is "8" I'll stop.



We had her party on Saturday at the local Bowling Alley and it was a blast! 20 bowlers in all. Everyone enjoyed the time Bowling, laughing, eating pizza and drinking soda. As a momento, everyone signed a bowling pin for Mini Me. It was really nice!! This was by far the easiest party I have ever planned!


Today, she had to go to school (No I won't let her skip on her birthday). She didn't want me to bring cupcakes to class because she isn't a big fan of cake. So, I suprised her by dropping by her classroom and going to lunch with her. The children started lining up at 11:00am and I was there to wish her Happy Birthday at the exactly 11:01 (The time she was offically introduced to this world). She was quite amused by this and we enjoyed our lunch! This afternoon, we'll be heading home for me to prepare her birthday meal (She chose Tilapia, rice and fresh steamed string beans). My parents and my little sister will be joining us . It will be fun. I still cannot believe Hubs and I have an eight year old!!!



So..happy birthday Mini Me! We love you!!!








No comments: