Thursday, August 14, 2008

Anniversary Top Ten

In honor of our 9 year wedding anniversary...

Top Ten Reasons Why I Love My Hubs

1. You can make just about anyone laugh. Even when I didn’t think your jokes were “that” funny when we were dating, I would end up smiling and laughing because you were making everyone else around you contagiously happy.

2. You are the poster child for Patience. You put up with my crazy moods, you persevere when times are rough, you stick to your guns instead of fold when it comes to raising our daughter, and you never doubt God’s plan

3. You are a wonderful Son and Son-In-Law. You have a great relationship with your parents as well as mine. It is good to know that they are “in-rents” and not “out-laws”. I always say that my parents liked me better once I married you.

4. You are always striving to better yourself. After being away from text books for nearly 10 years, you got right back into the swing of things and went back to school to become a CNA and you’re not stopping there. You’re looking forward and I admire that.

5. You are my “Barnabas”- You encourage me even when I am determined to sit and mope. This comes natural for you.

6. You can manage stress exponentially. Not only can you handle your own stress, you are always there to take the load off of me when it is possible.

7. You are everyone’s friend and their “go to guy”. If someone needs something, you’re ready to serve.

8. You are the best listener I have ever met. It makes me feel good that not only can I depend on you to listen to what is on my mind; you do that for all of your friends. You know when to give advice, when to withhold opinions and how to show perspective.

9. You are brilliant, especially when it comes to your Biblical knowledge. – You were given the nickname of “Moses” as a kid. Now I understand why. You are so amazing at rightly dividing the Word. I would always pick you first to be on my team in a Bible Bowl. :)


10. You are one of the strongest Christian men I have ever met. There are days when I wonder why God pitched a tent in my cluttered and worn heart; and then you come to my rescue like a knight in shining armor and remind me why it is, that God made me and put me on this Earth. You’re the type of Christian that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, all of Satan’s angels shout, “RUN!! He’s AWAKE!!!”


I was going to do just 9 reasons, but I figured I would do 10 since we're starting our 10th year together as hubs and wifey.

Also, I wish I had a photo to upload onto this bloggy thing, now that I know how to do it. Unfortunatley, I don't have any "digital" photos of hubs. Perhaps it is time to retire my old 35mm and purchase one of them there filmless electronic picture takers. :)

1 comment:

TREY MORGAN said...

I love posts where people aren't afraid to praise their spouse. Well done!