Thursday, April 3, 2008

Spring Break

Mini Me Is on Spring Break this week and she has been a busy bee.

Monday she went to the day camp on the school campus while I worked and Hubs went job hunting with Report Card and recommendations in hand. At the camp, they did artsy craftsy stuff which she loves to do. And they played some ball games and she really had a blast. That afternoon, I took her to the pool and let her swim around for a while to brush up on her skills. (It had been a while since she had been swimming.)

On Tuesday, she went to Camp again and went swimming and had a blast once again. I have come to the realization that Mini Me is going to always get burned no matter how much sunscreen we slather on her. She has a pink nose and pink shoulders, and I promise we caked it on ahead of time and not right before she went swimming. (She would have been severely fried if not) But she had a great time and crashed the moment her head hit the pillow that evening.

Wednesday was Mid- week Bible study and camp. (I got to teach a bunch of exhausted first graders that have been on Spring break all week)

…and today (Thursday) Hubs and I took Mini Me roller skating. Let me tell you something…I am getting too old for this kind of thing (Or I am out of shape, you decide). Mini Me glided with beauty and grace around and around the rink and didn’t fall once. Hubs did his best to make his way around the rink and succeeded with only little swaying. I must give it to him though, he looked good!! I love that man of mine. Only he can entertain a room full of elementary schoolers while on eight wheels. Kudos Hubs! I did very well with the exception of the very end of the afternoon. I crashed HARD into the floor. My right hand is swollen and my wrist and knee are too. Hopefully all will be back to normal by tomorrow morning because I know I am going to be sore everywhere else! All in all today has been a great day.

Now tomorrow is going to be tricky. The agenda goes like this; Hubs has a big interview with the Hospital (PRAY PRAY PRAY) there is Bowling, and then we’ll head to Orlando Friday evening to hang out at the Pop Century Hotel at Disney to join in the celebration of my nephew’s 15th birthday. I just can’t believe he is 15 today! He’s about 6 feet tall and wears a size 435 ½ (give or take a few) So Happy Birthday Ky!

Now only 9 weeks or so until Summer Break! Woo Hoo!

No comments: