Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

The holidays are here in full swing. This is my favorite time of year. I am fortunate to be able to spend some extra time with my family, do some really fun crafty things (ask Mini Me about her fun with food) and bake/cook some victuals that I rarely have throughout the year. Before I know it, 2008 will be coming to a close and 2009 will bring some new adventures. I hope to be able to take the time a bit later, to list some of the memorable moments of 2008.
Until then, here is a little Thanksgiving humor…..

A THANKSGIVING POEM

T’was the night of Thanksgiving, I just couldn’t sleep.
I tried counting backwards, I tried counting sheep.
The leftovers beckoned - the dark meat and white,
But I fought the temptation with all of my might.
Tossing and turning with anticipation
The thought of a snack became infatuation!
So I raced to the kitchen, flung open the door
And gazed at the fridge, full of goodies galore.
I gobbled up turkey and buttered potatoes
Pickles and carrots, beans and tomatoes.
I felt myself swelling so plump and so round,‘
Til all of a sudden I rose off the ground.
I crashed through the ceiling, floating into the sky
With a mouthful of pudding and a handful of pie.
But, I managed to yell as I soared past the trees…
Happy eating to all - Pass the cranberries please.
May your stuffing be tasty, may your turkey be plump
May your potatoes and gravy have nary a lump.
May your yams be delicious, May your pies take the prize,
May your Thanksgiving dinner stay off of your thighs.


Happy Thanksgiving!


Sharona

No comments: