Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The Christmas List

Umm yeah, a random listing...read it and weep...out of sheer boredom

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?

Gift bags…except for Christmas gifts, anything under the tree…wrapped…with pretty bows and ribbon.

2. Real tree or Artificial?

Artificial

3. When do you put up the tree?

The weekend after thanksgiving.

4. When do you take the tree down?

Theoretically, the weekend after New Years, but it has taken me as long as March to get it all put away.

5. Do you like eggnog?

Not really, but I humor my family every year with one sip of it for a toast on Christmas Eve. Hubs, on the other hand drinks gallons of it every Fall/Winter.

6. Favorite gift received as a child?

My very first electric Keyboard. I had it for MANY years until it finally blew up. The following Christmas, Santa brought me a new one that was HUGE and I still have it to this day. Mini Me plays it when it isn’t a good time for her to be tinkering on the piano in the Living Room.

7. Hardest person to buy for?

My Father. Don’t get me wrong. There are plenty of things I KNOW he would like. The trick is that they either cost a buck or two or a couple hundred dollars. (This year, he asked for a mug) For crying out loud dad, I am a grown woman; give me something I can work with!

8. Easiest person to buy for?

Mini Me

9. Do you have a nativity scene?

No, I almost bought one this year, but we are pushed for storage and display space in our tiny abode.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards?

Christmas cards….I buy them every year, sign them, stuff them but never get around to mailing them. Sorry everyone.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?

I can’t think of one.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie?

A Claymation Christmas

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?

Usually around December first, BUT—this year I braved Black Friday. It really paid off, but I will probably never do that again. I am still emotionally scarred and sleep deprived. I couldn’t sleep the night before, so I gathered up the others (my sisters) and we left for the Wally World around 3am with coffee in hand.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?

No, but I have recycled the neat canisters and tins I receive with goodies in them. Sorry if you have ever gotten your own back.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Anything that isn’t nailed down.

16. Lights on the tree? Is there an option?

The more color, the better. Our star even has tiny colored bulbs on it. Picture something from the seventies.

17. Favorite Christmas song?

Nicole C. Mullen’s Emmanuel
Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer
Anything on Josh Groban’s Noel CD
Anything a child sings. I love hearing children sing Christmas songs, don’t you?

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?

There’s no place like home!

19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer?

Yes, but not without singing the intro to Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer.

20. Angel on the tree top or a star?

Star. (See number 16 for details)

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?

We go to my grandmother’s home on Christmas Eve and open up gifts from her. Then Mini Me picks out ONE gift from under the tree at home to open before she goes to bed.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?

The lack of consideration and patience in people. Stop fighting over parking spots. Start showing some kindness and humility.

23. Favorite ornament theme or color?

I love homemade stuff. Even before I had a child I still loved crafty stuff. My favorite ornament is a really old one that is on my parent’s tree. As a child I wasn’t allowed to touch it or any of the really old ones. Every year I try to find one similar for my tree.

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner?

Anything that isn’t nailed down!

25. What do you want for Christmas this year?

A cat, but that is out of the question. Hubs is allergic to cats.

No comments: