Monday, February 11, 2008

Knock on Wood

Over the course of 22 days, I have had 22 friends, co workers, members of the Student body ( that I am acquainted with...there have so many more here at the school that have had it that I don't know) and family members come down with the down right terrible "beat the snot out of you make you feel like you would rather die and then while you're at it make any food in front of you seem like poison", flu. This flu seems like it is very strong and contaigous, but somehow KNOCK ON WOOD it hasn't decided to induct me, Hubs, or Mini Me into it's hall of fame. I really don't know how it hasn't happened. Hubs and I are both sleep deprived. He works an average of 14 hours a day, out in the elements, doesn't eat right and defintely doesn't get the rest he needs and deserves. Mini Me has had almost everyone in her class go home sick with it, and to top it off, most of our "Girls" had it, have it, or seem as if they are coming down with it. I just don't know how we haven't gotten it yet. I hug these girls all of the time. We are always face to face, deep in converstion about what is going on in thier lives. (They call it their "drama".) Our hands are in the same Dorito bag...you know what I mean? And still, I am blessed to have my health. So, if you have been cursed with this horrible flu, past or present, I feel for you. I have had it before and I know it is not a walk on the beach. Just Persevere. Try to eat. Drink plenty of Fluids and by all means..REST REST REST! I'm praying for ya!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yick. Dorito sharing... isn't that how people get AIDS?

Thanks again for helping out with the couch. The cats have taken to sleeping on it instead of peeing on it, so it looks like we have a winner.

Kenny Simpson said...

All 3 of my family was sick except me...so far. Your daughter is beautiful.

Jamey said...

Melody is very pretty! We look forward to keeping up with you.