Wednesday, February 20, 2008

"You Know A Change Will Do You Good"

Did you know that over the course of 10 months, both Hubs and I have been daring enough to change careers? Oh yes, this can be done! (I sound like an infomercial announcer) Last May, I decided to take a major leap in faith, and give up a very rewarding career in Wellness Care and Public Relations to take on a job at a Christian School just minutes from where I grew up. This was mostly so MiniMe could attend there and we wouldn’t have to drive an hour or more each way every day to get her there. I still, to this day cannot believe it! Now Hubs…get this…hopefully….will never have to turn another wrench or repair another wheel or tire or whatever. (Except for at home, of course) He has decided (with only a little coaxing) to step into the healthcare field. For the time being, he is going to school to be a CNA/PCA. (Nursing assistant/Hospital Tech) He has about 4 weeks left of school, and then he has a two week clinical. (That is the not-so-exciting part because you do not want to know the kind of stuff he has to do) I know it is part of the job, and I respect it BUT I am not able to handle blood, or bruises, or bedpans, and stuff like that. Anyhoo, back to Hubs. He should be done by the end of March. He plans on proceeding into the EMT training shortly after. This is along the lines of what he really wants to do. The CNA license is just a stepping stone. I am very happy for Hubs. I hope you are too! Keep him in your thoughts and prayers. A lot has changed over the past year: We changed careers, moved to a different county, changed our daughter’s school, and changed church families. I wonder what other exciting things are going to come out of 2008. After all, it is only February and look what has happened already!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We bought a house, I changed jobs and I'm about to get laid off, and Cristina's biznass is taking off like a rocket. It's weird to look back just a year ago and compare where you were to where you are.

I'm also quite a bit fatter, which is good.

Kenny Simpson said...

Good for Barry.